CanadaCart.ca's StoreBuilder products have always been fully integrated with PayPal Website Payments Standard, but now we offer even more options to use this popular online payment method!
Integrating PayPal into your CanadaCart.ca StoreBuilder is easy. Just follow a few easy steps as outlined below:
Step 1: Purchase a StoreBuilder Product.
Step 2: Set Up a Verified PayPal Business Account
Customers who don't have an existing PayPal account:
- Go to PayPal.
- Click Sign Up Today.
- Set up an account for Business Owners.
- Follow the instructions on the PayPal site.
Customers who already have a PayPal Personal or Premier account:
- Go to PayPal.
- Click the Upgrade your Account link.
- Click the Upgrade Now button.
- Choose to upgrade to a Business account and follow instructions to complete the upgrade.
- If you haven't already, add a bank account to become a Verified member. Follow the instructions on the PayPal site. This process may take 2-3 business days
Step 3: Setup API Access
- Log in to your PayPal account and click the Profile subtab.
- Click the API Access link under the Account Information column.
- Click the Request API Credential link.
- Configure your StoreBuilder using the instructions below.
Step 4: Configure your StoreBuilder PayPal module.
- Log into your store's admin area and go to the Support Area.
- Log In using your account information.
- Download the PayPal module eManual from the Downloads Area.
- Follow the instructions in the Manual to configure your cart for either PayPal Standard, PayPal Express or PayPal Website Payments Pro.
Step 5: Apply for PayPal Website Payments Pro This step is only required for PayPal Website Payments Pro.
Please note that this option is now available for Canadian clients!
- Go to Paypal.
- Click the Merchant Services tab.
- Click Website Payments Pro .
- Click Sign Up Now.
- Fill in your information, and submit your application. Approval takes between 24 and 48 hours.
- Once approved, accept the Pro billing agreement. Check the Getting Started section on the upper left of your account overview page.